Date: 28th June 2018, 9.30am – 4pm
Venue: BRE, Bucknalls Lane, Watford, WD25 9NH
Information about this informative event:
The British Dyslexia Association with Dyslexia Science, Engineering and Technology, are delighted to announce an Adult Conference and Organisational Member's Day, hosted by BRE. All are welcome to this informative day!
This conference will explore how individuals can celebrate and accentuate their Neurodiverse talents and explore how those in the workplace can develop Neurodiverse friendly practices.
Our experts include so far:
· Margaret Malpas, MBE, Vice-President of the BDA. and author of “Self Fulfilment with Dyslexia: A Blueprint for Success”. Margaret will present on Networking for Success!
· Katherine Hewlett from Achievability, presenting on Westminster Achievability Commission Report on Dyslexia and Recruitment.
· Joanne Gregory, BDA Quality Mark Manager will present on The Dyslexia Friendly Workplace and the Dyslexia Aware Award for employers.
· Aidan Ridyard: Successful and renowned Architect, Aidan will explore how his journey with dyslexia has evolved throughout his life and professional career, his talk ‘Volere Volare… To want to fly’ celebrates positive dyslexia and will be truly inspirational!
· Inspector Peter Phillips, Hampshire Police Dyslexia Wellbeing Project lead. Inspector Phillips has worked in, and led, response and neighbourhood teams in city centres and a rural communities. He has delivered legal and leadership training in Hampshire, as well as undertaking national project work. His session ‘Dyslexia in policing…and beyond?’ will explore how and why Hampshire Police have implemented organisational change to support their staff with dyslexia and the potential impact of that change.
· Masterclass on 'Neurodiversity and Assessment in the workplace’: This session will give an overview on creating a neurodiverse working environment and will address the procedures around assessing for dyslexia, a fantastic overview of the key issues.
More expert presenters announced soon!
More information - Click Here ……